Each Wednesday afternoon from lazy, hazy June to nippy October, something magical happens to Surrey’s City Hall Plaza: it transforms from a busy square into a bustling farm. And not just any farm. EVERY farm.
Welcome to the Surrey Urban Farmer’s Market.
Nowhere else in the city (or the countryside, for that matter) will you find such a mouth-watering variety of locally sourced seasonal fruits and veggies. Heading into the harvest season, this is the type of autumnal bounty you can expect:
• apples • blackberries • blueberries • pears
• raspberries • strawberries • cherries • plums
• hazelnuts • prunes • beans • broccoli
• cabbage • carrots • cauliflower • celery
• corn • cucumber • garlic • leeks
• lettuce • onions • parsnips • peppers
• potatoes • pumpkins • radishes • rutabagas
• spinach • squash • turnips • zucchini
You get the picture.
But that’s not all! Surrey Urban Farmer’s Market has grown to include food vendors, arts & crafts stands and even live music.
Founded in 2007, the market is ideally situated in the heart of downtown Surrey, just moments from the SkyTrain and the bus loop, making it one of the most accessible events of its kind, wherever you are. So come by and say hi!
Extra points for eating your vegetables…
CLICK HERE for more information.
*The Surrey Urban Farmer’s Market runs Wednesdays 12pm to 5pm at City Hall Plaza, 13450 104th Avenue.