Discover Our Top Five Family-Friendly Places
Surrey’s a great place for young families! From beautiful parks, armed with playgrounds and water parks, to lots of family-friendly restaurants, there’s always an option for little ones, no matter what community you may find yourself in. We picked out our favourite family friendly restaurants for you to discover!
1. Roadhouse Grille: just screams fun. Your family will love it here – from the 50’s diner decor and brightly-coloured walls adorned with retro memorabilia, to the extensive kids menu that covers all the child-friendly favourites like pancakes, chicken fingers and grilled cheese. To top it off, little customers are invited to explore the restaurant’s treasure cave where they’ll also have the opportunity to choose a special toy.
2. Hooked Fish Bar: has everything your family needs for a fun meal out: highchairs, a kids menu, and paper bags and crayons to keep the little ones occupied while you enjoy your food. If the craft supplies on hand aren’t enough to hold their attention, they’ll also enjoy dog-spotting on the beach-front patio (while you enjoy the view)!
3. Fry’s Corner Beestro: boasts a warm, friendly atmosphere and a delicious wallet-friendly kids menu that includes mini yogurt parfaits, peanut butter and honey sandwiches, and chicken noodle soup. Kids love the indoor koi pond, but the deal clincher is the adjoining Honeybee Centre – a commercial honey farm that features live beekeeping demos, honey tasting and a live observation hive.
4. Healthy Monkey Cafe: has just what the name would have you expect – super-healthy food for your special little monkeys (and Mommy and Daddy monkeys too). Their nutritious menu is a great alternative to traditional ‘fast food’ with items that include sandwiches with a side of fruit, quinoa bowls that come with a gluten-free chocolate chip cookie and kid-sized smoothies in flavours like kale and berries and chocolate banana.
5. Fiona’s Playdate Cafe: is a hit with young families. Yes, there’s a healthy and affordable food menu that includes paninis, popcorn, kid’s meals, and even baby food, but it’s the drop-in play area that’s really got parents talking! There’s a library nook, a chalk wall, climbing structures, slides, and plenty of other toys to keep your little one distracted, so you can enjoy that latte in peace! Admission is $5.50 per child.